King’s Lynn Nursery School is a term time only Nursery School located in St James Park off London Road. We are open from 8.30 – 3.30, and offer sessional and full day early education for 2 – 4 year olds.
We are in a partnership with Highgate Infant School.
The Nursery School
The session times we offer are;
8.30 am – 11.30 am
12.30 pm – 3.30 pm
We also have two full day options;
8.30am -3.30 pm
9.00am -3.00 pm
We also offer a lunch club which is 11.30 am-12.30 pm. Children will need to have a healthy packed lunch. Our lunch club letter can be found here
Fees & Funded Hours
The current hourly fee for our Caterpillar Room (2 year olds) is £4.50.
The current hourly fee for our Butterfly Room (3 year olds) is £4.00.
When you can start claiming
The date you can start claiming depends on your child’s birthday.
|Child’s birthday||When you can claim|
|1 January to 31 March||The beginning of term on or after 1 April|
|1 April to 31 August||The beginning of term on or after 1 September|
|1 September to 31 December||The beginning of term on or after 1 January|
Example; Your child was born on 15 February 2013. You can get free childcare when the next term starts after 1 April 2016.
Eligibility for 2-year-olds
Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you get one of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order