Our Nursery

About us

King’s Lynn Nursery School is a term time only Nursery School located in St James Park off London Road. We are open from 8.30 – 3.30, and offer sessional and full day early education for 2 – 4 year olds.

We are in a partnership with Highgate Infant School.

The Nursery School

The session times we offer are;

8.30 am – 11.30 am

12.30 pm – 3.30 pm

We also have two full day options;

8.30am -3.30 pm

9.00am -3.00 pm

We also offer a lunch club which is 11.30 am-12.30 pm. Children will need to have a healthy packed lunch. Our lunch club letter can be found here

Fees & Funded Hours

The current  hourly fee for our Caterpillar Room (2 year olds) is £4.50.
The current hourly fee for our Butterfly Room (3 year olds) is £4.00.

All 3 to 4-year-olds in England can get 570 hours of free early education or childcare per year. It’s usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year.

When you can start claiming

The date you can start claiming depends on your child’s birthday.

Child’s birthday When you can claim
1 January to 31 March The beginning of term on or after 1 April
1 April to 31 August The beginning of term on or after 1 September
1 September to 31 December The beginning of term on or after 1 January

Example; Your child was born on 15 February 2013. You can get free childcare when the next term starts after 1 April 2016.

Eligibility for 2-year-olds

Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you get one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit
  • tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

  • they’re looked after by a local council
  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
  • they get Disability Living Allowance
  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Please visit Norfolk Take2 Eligibility Checker to see if you are eligible for 2 year old funding